National Lockdown Spring 2021
Tuesday, 5 January
Thank you for your support and patience whilst we settle on a plan for the next few weeks of your child's education.
From tomorrow the school will be open for identified key workers and vulnerable children. You will have heard by the end of the school day if your children are considered to be vulnerable.
For those in school, the day will have a soft start from 8.30am and registration will close at 8.50am. The breakfast club is available as normal.
The school will finish at 3.30pm with after-school club provision available as normal. However, you are encouraged to collect your children at your earliest convenience each day. Please arrange this through class dojo with the teacher.
Details on entry and exit routes to school will follow shortly (this will only be sent to children accessing provision in school)
For those children switching to remote learning, your class teacher will be in touch to discuss full arrangements by the end of the school day. If you have not signed up for class dojo please do as this will be the most effective way to communicate with the class teacher.
School dinners will be available for those children in school, but for this week there will only be a cold lunch option. From next week there will be two hot meal choices (one of which will be jacket potato). The cold meal options are either ham or cheese sandwiches as normal.
If your child is learning from home and you believe they are entitled to free school meals please contact the office to arrange a care package.
Monday, 4 January
Following on from the Prime Minister's address this evening (Monday, 4 January) the school is taking the following action:
· On Tuesday 5th January, the school will be open to children of Key Workers only, who cannot find alternative childcare provision.
· Breakfast and after-school club will be available.
· School-based provision for vulnerable children will start on Wednesday 6th January - unless they are also a child of a key worker in which they can attend school tomorrow.
· Children should report to their normal class at the usual time.
· School dinners will be available.
· Uniforms should be worn.
· A limited programme of remote learning will be made available for all children on Tuesday 5th January. This will be shared with you via Google class/Dojo.
· A full programme of remote learning will commence on Wednesday 6th January - your child's class teacher will be in touch tomorrow to share these plans with you.
· From Wednesday 6th January, the school will only be open for children of key Workers and children identified as vulnerable.
· If your child has been identified as vulnerable the school will be in touch to discuss this with you tomorrow.
· For those families who will need to loan a Chromebook from school to support home learning, please alert your class teacher via class dojo .
COVID-19 School Closure Arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection at St John’s Catholic Primary School, Tiverton
Online Safety Policy Addendum COVID
To be read in conjunction with Online Safety Policy 20/21